[MGSA-L] MGS classes for Fall 2013

modgreek at sfsu.edu modgreek at sfsu.edu
Wed Aug 14 14:26:46 PDT 2013

Hi,

Below please find a list of our MGS classes for the Fall semester.  Please forward this message to anyone who might be interested in our courses.  Classes start on Monday, August, 26.

If you have any questions, please feel feel to contact me at 415-338-1892 or modgreek at sfsu.edu<mailto:modgreek at sfsu.edu>.

Thanks,
Stacie
Fall 2013 Courses:
MGS 150.1: Modern Greek I

Modern (demotic) Greek for beginners emphasizing oral expression,
listening comprehension, reading and writing. Grammar introduced in
context of readings.[5 units]. GE
Tuesdays & Thursdays, 2:10-4:25
Klironomos
BUS 128

MGS 365.1: Modern Greek III

Continuation of second semester Modern Greek. Accelerated
emphasis on conversation, grammar and composition [4 units].
Prerequisites: MGS 151 or equivalent.  [4 units]. GE
Mondays & Wednesdays, 12:20-2:00
Ioannou
HUM 301

MGS/CWL/CWL 465.1 – Modern Greek Poetry in Comparative Perspective

Survey of Greece's prominent modern poets in comparison with major Anglo-American and European poets. Poets to be studied can include Cavafy, Seferis, Elytis, Mastoraki, Yeats, Eliot, Pound, and Rich. Prerequisites: ENG 214 or equivalent. [3 units].
Tuesdays, 6:10-8:55 pm
Klironomos
HUM 286

MGS/CLAS 510.1/HIST 326.1: The Byzantine Empire

Political, social, economic, cultural history of Byzantine empire from
7th to 15th centuries A.D.; relations of Byzantium with Germanic,
Slavic, Arabic, and Turkic-speaking neighbors. Prerequisites: ENG
214 or equivalent. [3 units].
Thursdays, 6:10-8:55
Larson
HUM 109