[MGSA-L] New Book, Transnational Culture, Transnational Identity, by Maria Koundoura

Van Steen, Gonda gonda at ufl.edu
Mon Sep 24 06:19:51 PDT 2012

Dear friends,

Kali evdomada! Allow me to draw your attention to a study that has just been published:
Transnational Culture/Transnational Identity: The Politics and Ethics of Global Culture Exchange (I.B. Tauris), a new book on the aesthetics and politics of transnational culture, by Maria Koundoura. The book includes essays on topics such as memoir and translation and on contemporary Greek writers (Kalokyris, Chouliaras. Vlavianos, Pontikas) but also on other authors, such as Orhan Pamuk, Elif Shafak, Pablo Medina, and J. M. Coetzee.

For further information, follow this link:

http://www.ibtauris.com/Books/Society social sciences/Society culture general/Cultural studies/Transnational Culture Transnational Identity The Politics and Ethics of Global Culture Exchange.aspx?menuitem=<http://www.ibtauris.com/Books/Society%20social%20sciences/Society%20culture%20general/Cultural%20studies/Transnational%20Culture%20Transnational%20Identity%20The%20Politics%20and%20Ethics%20of%20Global%20Culture%20Exchange.aspx?menuitem=>

Best,
Gonda Van Steen
University of Florida
Dept. of Classics and Center for Greek Studies
125 Dauer Hall
Gainesville, FL 32611-7435
Tel. 352-273-3796
Fax 352-846-0297