[MGSA-L] Princeton Hellenic Studies: Modern Greek Studies Funds

Dimitri H. Gondicas gondicas at Princeton.EDU
Sun Sep 23 14:59:00 PDT 2012

PRINCETON UNIVERSITY
Seeger Center for Hellenic Studies

Dear colleagues and friends,

We are pleased to announce the establishment of two new endowed funds for Modern Greek Studies at Princeton:

The Christos G. and Rhoda Papaioannou Modern Greek Studies Fund
Made possible with the generosity of Christos and Rhoda Papaioannou

and

The Michael George Mazarakis Modern Greek Studies Fund
Made possible with the generosity of Thanassis Mazarakis, Princeton Class of 1984,
in honor of his late father, Michael George Mazarakis

The income from these two funds will provide support for the Program in Hellenic Studies and/or the Stanley J. Seeger '52 Center for Hellenic Studies and is meant to strengthen teaching and research on all aspects of modern Greece at Princeton University. Income may be used to support any activities designed to generate and disseminate knowledge about modern Greece by and among Princeton students, faculty, staff and/or the international scholarly community. Examples of such activities include but are not limited to lectures, seminars, workshops and visitors.

We are grateful to our donors for their generosity and continuing interest in our work.

Best wishes to all for the new academic year.

Dimitri Gondicas
Director
Seeger Center for Hellenic Studies
Princeton University