[MGSA-L] Beneath the Olive Tree

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 11:56:48 PDT 2012

Academy Award winner Olympia Dukakis, and the proud narrator of
"Beneath the Olive Tree", has written a wonderful article on the film
which posted on the Huffington Post this week!! The new title was
announced for the FIRST time and this was one for the books for Orama
Pictures and BTOT. To read the article, click on the link below...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/olympia-dukakis/beneath-the-olive-tree-documentary_b_1854408.html

We are beyond grateful to Ms Dukakis for her unconditional support,
love, and encouragement.

Our feature documentary, previously titled "Three Candles,"  has a new
title - Beneath the Olive Tree.  An olive tree - a symbol of wisdom,
abundance, glory and peace - was used to safely keep hidden the
notebooks written by women in exile during the Civil War in Greece.
Their stories of courage, dreams of a fairer world, and determination
to survive can teach us all a few things about how much we can achieve
by sticking together and standing up for what we believe in.

We would also like to welcome to the BTOT team our new editor, Frank
Bull.  Frank joined us at this very crucial point to help finish the
film and begin submissions to domestic and international film
festival.

To see what we've been up to, check out our "Production News" link at
www.oramapictures.info
 for photos from fundraiser events, behind-the-scenes during principal
photography and post-production, our research visit to the Tsakopoulos
Hellenic Collection, and much more.

This is a critical time for "Beneath the Olive Tree" as we're getting
closer to the finish line, and your support is needed more than ever.
Fractured Atlas, a non-profit organization that serves a national
community of artists and arts organizations, is the proud Fiscal
Sponsor of BTOT.  To make a donation, please visit

http://www.fracturedatlas.org/site/fiscal/profile?id=3927

 click on DONATE and select BENEATH THE OLIVE TREE as the fiscal
sponsorship project.

Last, but certainly not least, we would like to express our gratitude
to our friends whose support has pulled us through the last few months
of principal photographyand post production.  We can not wait to share
this film with all of you!

Very best ~

The Orama Girls, Olympia Dukakis, and Nick Efteriades

--
June Samaras
KALAMOS BOOKS
E-mail : kalamosbooks at gmail.com