[MGSA-L] Greek Shorts film 2013 Greek Film & Foto Week (GFFW)

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 15:26:59 PST 2012

http://www.greekamerica.org/news/news-single/newsarticle/greek-shorts-2013-the-kinds-you-watch-not-the-kinds-you-wear/

The Greek America Foundation is proud to announce its second Short
Film contest. Greek Shorts 2013 will coincide with the Foundation's
annual Greek Film & Foto Week in Toronto between May 11-18, 2013.
As a longstanding advocate of people in the arts and the creative
industries, particularly photographers and filmmakers seeking to have
their voices heard, the Greek America Foundation hosts an annual film
and photography festival every May called Greek Film & Foto Week
(GFFW). The photography component runs in conjunction with the
Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival, the largest festival of its
kind in North America.

Last year, our inaugural short film contest attracted international
acclaim and hundreds of thousands of viewers of our finalists. Click
here to view the films
.
In conjunction with GFFW2013 we are excited to sponsor Greek Shorts
2013, a short film contest aiming to encourage filmmakers to create
Greek-themed and Greek-inspired short fins for the wider audience.
This year's contest will challenge the filmmaker to make a film,
twelve minutes or less, about how a stranger/foreigner's encounter
with Greece or a Greek value or ideal can effectively change his/her
life.
Finalists and winners will screen during the festival. Winners will
also screen at the Greek America Foundation’s 2013 Gabby Awards
weekend in Hollywood during special events dedicated to film.
There are additional requirements and details.

 Filmmakers interested should pre-register with an expression of
interest email to gffw(@)greekamerica.org.

 Greek Shorts 2013 is open to filmmaking teams from throughout North America.

--
June Samaras
KALAMOS BOOKS
E-mail : kalamosbooks at gmail.com