[MGSA-L] "La Source des Femmes" ... and the source of Lysistrata

George Baloglou gbaloglou at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 17:02:14 PDT 2012

This film ("The Source", "Η Πηγή των Γυναικών"), which I watched
earlier tonight, is an Atlas Mountains version of Lysistrata.
Aristophanes is not mentioned at all, so I started thinking whether he
was the one with the original idea or the concept of sex strike has
been generated in various cultures and periods. (Not exactly a Modern
Greek Studies issue, but still of interest -- I hope -- to list
members, many of whom are anthropologists.)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1686067/

--

Γιώργος Μπαλόγλου -- Θεσσαλονίκη

http://www.oswego.edu/~baloglou (1988 - 2008)