[MGSA-L] ATENISTAS

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 23:32:58 PDT 2012

For the past few years it has been hard to spot any good news from
Athens,so I am happy to find this web site and  to see the interesting
events and actvities of

ATENISTAS

<<An open community of citizens of Athens who love their city ... for
us ...Athens is a vast field of inventive and effective actions that
will make us realize the enormous potential. We draw strength and
energy of civil society, thousands of
defenseless Athenians who want to do something for their city and it
has not found a creative channel open participation in the affairs of
Athens. We are not partisan agency or municipal political party, but a
vibrant community that wants to share her faith in a much better
believing in Athens rejuvenating power of action.>>

http://atenistas.org/

email: atenistasgroup at gmail.com
twitter: www.twitter.com/atenistas
facebook: www.facebook.com/atenistas
τηλεφωνητής: 211.800.1830

They seem to be creating a place for contrusctive commumity changes and
helping to coordinate lots of interesting events and community actvities
to help people in trying times and to make Athens a better place for everyone

Practical stuff like

Opportunites for business and home sharing to save money,
Places for recycling paper

Links to similar community actvity groups in other parts of Greece

Entertaining and informative and no/low cost activities such as

Exploring libraries in Athens

A walk through Athens introducng people to the Jewish community

A street party and book exchange

--
June Samaras
KALAMOS BOOKS