[MGSA-L] HELP A YOUNG FILM MAKER OF HELLENIC DESCENT

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 22:04:40 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Nik Taneris <niktaneris at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 12:44 PM
Subject: HELP A YOUNG FILM MAKER OF HELLENIC DESCENT
To: kalamosbooks at gmail.com

HELP A YOUNG FILM MAKER OF HELLENIC DESCENT

I am writing this personal appeal to you, to help a young film maker
of Hellenic descent, Liam Makrogiannis, that is making independent
films in Astoria. The Makrogiannis family has roots in Epiros, Poros
and Pireaus-and the grandfather on the maternal side, Captain Peter L.
Philios was well known and beloved as the one and only Hellenic Police
captain of the once pre-dominantly Hellenic neighborhood of Astoria in
New York City. Captain Philios regularly marched at the head of the
“Greek Indpendence Day” parade and in his spare times ran “Philios
Monuments”, a store that specialized in marble memorials catering to
the Greek community. When Captain Philios died, the store was passed
down to his son Robert and grandson Evan, to serve as a storefront for
creative arts.

Evan Makrogiannis has made two feature films in Astoria, THE SUPER and
THE TURNPIKE KILLER, and has passed down his award wining film making
experience to his 13 year old son . He's making a Zombie movie in
Astoria, and I think they deserve help to get this movie marketed and
produced properly –that help should come from our Hellenic brothers
and sisters. They make American independent horror movies –an industry
that is filled with names like Romero, Fulci, Dario Argento but only
NOW has there come along a Makrogiannis. The new movie is SURVIVE,
written and to be directed by a Greek-American youth, to be shot in
Astoria and using several Greek American actors.

I ask that you contribute generously, in the spirit of Hellenism.

Click here to send your contributions online:
http://www.indiegogo.com/SurviveVHSBigBox

Sincerely,
--Nikolaos Taneris (Producer) SURVIVE