[MGSA-L] study abroad opportunity

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:58:38 PST 2012

From: Randall Stewart <rstewart at mail.hum.utah.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 23:02:04 -0700
Subject: [CLASSICS-L] study abroad opportunity

Last summer the University of Utah conducted its inaugural session of
a study abroad program in Greece, and we will take another group this
year.  If you and/or your students are looking for such an
opportunity, you are encouraged to consider our program, as we have
still have several slots available and one need not be a University of
Utah student to participate.  Details and application forms are
available online,* but it's worth noting here that the program is
nearly one month in duration; involves stops and/stays in Athens,
Delphi, Olympia, Vasses (Temple of Apollo Epikourios), Nafplion,
Mycenae, Nemea, Epidauros, Corinth, Crete (Knosssos, Phaistos,
Gortys), Santorini, Naxos, Delos, and Mykonos; the cost will be $3500
– 4000 (excluding trans-Atlantic airfare, lunches, dinners, and
museum/site entrance fees).  Available credits are in the form of
fairly standard classical civilization type courses and classical
Greek reading courses (students must have had at least one year of
introductory level class).  These credits should be easily
transferable to other colleges/universities.

This is not a commercial venture; although I am the program director,
I will not benefit financially from any additional participation that
results from this post.  I pass along this notice of the opportunity
solely as a service to those who might be interested.

Pictures from last year's trip are on our Facebook page (U of U Study
Abroad in Greece).  Queries for further information should be directed
to me.

Randall Stewart
Associate Professor of Classics
University of Utah