[MGSA-L] Greek songs *from* Israel

Pavlos Andronikos andronikos at iinet.net.au
Tue Jan 17 06:46:49 PST 2012

I've always thought Περα στους περα καμπους sounds
like it may have a Jewish origin. I've no hard evidence, but it does
sound different to other songs of the Aegean.  Apparently it is from
Rhodes which did have a Jewish community.
See http://kanellatou.gr/en/music-archive/lyrics/item/1065-diaskeves-paradosiakon-pera-stous-pera-kampous.htmlhttp://www.rhodesjewishmuseum.org/ and http://www.youtu.be/watch?v=voscWtJhxI4&feature=related
Regards
Pavlos Andronikos