[MGSA-L] FW: VIDEOS Theodorakis

Gail Holst-Warhaft glh3 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 14 12:53:30 PST 2012

Gail Holst-Warhaft * Director, Mediterranean Studies Initiative * CIES 120 Uris Hall * Ithaca, NY * 14853 * 607.254.7459

Mikis Theodorakis and Manolis Glezos were attacked by the police with tear-gas soon after their arrival at Syntagma Square on Sunday.
These u-tubes links show the sequence of events. Theodorakis stopped breathing for a short time and was thought to be near death.
Later he recovered and made a statement to the Press from the Parliament building.

http://youtu.be/O2AP5PmGQuo           Arrival in Syntagma Square

http://youtu.be/SEakErelUAA               First attack of the Police

http://youtu.be/zS00GzjjZQk            People try to put Theodorakis on a wheel chair to bring him away
                                                      and he doesn't want and he is shouting "Ase me as me htipisoun"
                                                      (let me, I don't care if they will hit me).

http://youtu.be/a3ByfCsZLSI           Arrival in the Parliament and his statement about the "betrayal"