[MGSA-L] Call For Papers: Topics in European Studies

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 13:08:51 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: "Chenault, Elizabeth" <chenault at email.unc.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:02:38 +0000

Topics in European Studies

European cultures bridge all disciplines and areas across the
scholarly spectrum (humanities, social sciences, physical sciences,
fine arts, business, medicine, etc.).  As these areas interact and
scholars discuss their respective findings with one another,
interdisciplinary connections are made.  These connections can be made
at all levels as we work together to address questions that are
ultimately of interest to us all.

WESS (the Western European Studies Section of ACRL) is looking for
researchers to participate in just such an interchange, tentatively
scheduled for Sunday afternoon, June 24, 1:30-3:30 p.m. at the ALA
Conference in Anaheim, CA.  If you have a research agenda or a
preliminary paper pertaining to any topic in European studies which
you would like to present for feedback or discussion, we would be
interested in hearing from you.

By design this session will be less formal than a conference or a
symposium. There is often a lively discussion intended to benefit
presenters seeking feedback on a tentative plan for research as well
as those pursuing a more developed project. Presenters do not have to
be WESS members to share their ideas.  Students, new professionals,
and seasoned scholars are all welcome to apply.

Please submit a 250 word abstract for your paper along with a
preliminary title by May 4, 2012.  Please include the following
information:

Name
Affiliation
E-Mail Address
Preliminary Title

Length of time you will speak (Please note that presenters should plan
on speaking for 10 to 20 minutes -- less time for a paper in its
infancy; more time for a more developed topic.)

Please send the proposal in electronic format to Graham Walden
walden.1 at osu.edu<mailto:walden.1 at osu.edu> by the deadline.

Thank you!  We look forward to hearing your ideas.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me, Libby Chenault

Libby Chenault
chenault at email.unc.edu<mailto:chenault at email.unc.edu>
West European Librarian                                     919-962-1151