[MGSA-L] Al Jazeera piece on Greece

George Baloglou gbaloglou at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 12:49:27 PDT 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 5:05 PM,  <kosmatopoulos at ethno.uzh.ch> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Please find the link to an Al Jazeera piece on Greece:
>
> http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/09/20119269954438617.html.
>
> I appreciate your comments.
>
> Warm regards
>
> Nikolas Kosmatopoulos
>
> Visiting scholar
> Department of Anthropology
> Columbia University/City University of New York

Given the very title of this message, I assumed throughout my reading
that the author was a fairly pro-Palestinian, pro-Turkish Arab: the
signature reveals that the author is Mr. Kosmatopoulos himself! :-)

In particular I do not see any justification for writing that

"On the face of these failures, it is worrisome to think that stirring
up nationalist fervour against Turkey is not just the effect of the
sick man's dementia but rather a carefully selected strategy to divert
growing frustration at home."

[On the contrary, Greece -- Europe's current 'sick man' according to
Mr. Kosmatopoulos' -- makes every effort to cover up problems like
Turkey's provocations near Kastelorizo, etc]

--

Γιώργος Μπαλόγλου -- Θεσσαλονίκη

http://www.oswego.edu/~baloglou (1988 - 2008)

http://crystallomath.wordpress.com (2009 - )