[MGSA-L] Noam Chomsky's signature.

Maria Anastasopoulou-Krimigis mariaak1 at verizon.net
Fri Sep 2 01:53:55 PDT 2011

I consider it fair, for the information of the list-members, to forward the
answer of Alexios Papastavrou which followed the statement sent to
Kathimerini by the initiative of Greek Academics, published on 8/31/11,
which answer was silenced/omitted by the previous responder.
In an academic list like this, one would expect full, not selective,
information on every subject so that we can form an informed opinion.
For this matter to be put "to rest at this point in this list", it would be
necessary for us to see the full correspondence of Papastavrou/Chomsky, if
we were to know what really happened.  Or a direct message to the list by
Chomsky himself. As it is, the matter is inconclusive.

Thank you

Maria Anastasopoulou
Retired Prof. of Comp. Lit., Univ. of Athens

http://news.kathimerini.gr/4dcgi/_w_articles_columns_1_31/08/2011_454388

.