[MGSA-L] TEDxAthens 2011 \ The Art of Disruption

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 13:14:50 PDT 2011

TEDxAthens - indipendently organised TED event
December 3rd, 2011 Athens, Greece

TEDxAthens.com

It is now the time
to rewrite
the rules of the game
and change.
Everything.

TEDxAthens 2011 \ The Art of Disruption

TEDxAthens is a world-class conference about Innovation, Creativity
and Ideas based in Athens, Greece. TEDxAthens is one of the very first
TEDx events worldwide -consequently the first TEDx event in Greece-
and started in May 2009. Naturally, we encourage and support the
expansion of TEDx Program in Greece. If you are a team of passionate
volunteers willing bring a TED-like experience to your local
community, please do let us know!

In 2009 we had a brilliant idea (“Mind the Idea”), to bring to the TED
experience in Athens.

In 2010 we weren’t afraid to start all over again (“Starting from
Scratch”), because only by gaining momentum can you get farther ahead.

In 2011, we want to turn everything upside down with “The Art of Disruption”!

TEDxAthens returns in December 3rd to present the secrets and the art
of disruption.

But how does one define what is disruptive?
Any single thing or idea with the potential to re-define the way in
which a system or situation works may be regarded as disruptive, thus
changing them for ever.

>From Wikipedia and Twitter to Molecular Cuisine and the Tsunamis, our
world is full of disruptions which redefine on a daily basis -some
indeed more than the others- the way we live.

Today the need to discover new paths for a creative change in our
lives is stronger than ever.

>From finance and business, to society overall and our little daily
habits, there is the belief that creative and at the same time
subversive ideas and initiatives have the potential to give new
impetus and transform our world.

SEE HERE SOME OF THE INTERESTING SPEAKERS

http://2010.tedxathens.com/speakers/

We can’t achieve substantial changes by continuing to function the
same way as before.

It is now the time to rewrite the “rules of the game” and change. Everything.

--
June Samaras
KALAMOS BOOKS
E-mail : kalamosbooks at gmail.com