[MGSA-L] Sources needed for: Religious Nationalism and Ethnic Conflict in and around Greece

Lena Papadopoulos lennyboo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 14:55:31 PDT 2011

Hi everyone!

I am a graduate student in the Anthropology Department at the University of
Colorado-Boulder.  My research topic is religious nationalism and conflict
in and around Greece (my particular interest lies in their relationship with
Turkey, but I am also considering Macedonia, Bulgaria, and Albania).  I have
a fairly good list of sources put together, but the trouble I run into is
that no one in this state works on/in Greece and it can be difficult for me
to work collaboratively with someone who is familiar with these issues.  I
would greatly appreciate it if any of you could provide sources regarding
this topic on how identity (particularly religious/national identity) is
formed in these various countries as well as any sources on the conflicts
that may result due to these identity formations.

Thank you so much, and I greatly appreciate your time and efforts!

--
Lena Papadopoulos

Department of Anthropology
University of Colorado, Boulder
1350 Pleasant Street
Hale Sciences 233 UCB
Boulder, CO 80309-0233

The person susceptible to "wanderlust" is not so much addicted to movement
as committed to transformation. ~Pico Iyer