[MGSA-L] Upcoming events at Yale University

Syrimis, George george.syrimis at yale.edu
Wed Oct 12 07:59:01 PDT 2011

Tuesday, October 18, 5:00 PM
Luce Hall 202, 34 Hillhouse Avenue

Eirini Karamouzi
Pinto Post-doctoral Fellow, London School of Economics

“Dealing with Greece: The EEC and the Second Enlargement”

The lecture will shed new light on the reasons that led Greece to apply for EEC membership, and most importantly on the rationale behind the Community's acceptance of the Greek application. This Community-centred approach of the second enlargement will highlight on what grounds and with what methods the Community and its institutions as a whole responded to the challenges of the Greek candidature in the 1970s.

The lecture is free and open to the public

Wednesday, October 19, 7:30 PM
Loria Center, Room 351
190 York Street

Ivan Drpic, University of Washington

“Logikos Kosmos: Art, Poetry, and the Aesthetics of Adornment in Later Byzantium”

The lecture is free and open to the public

Organized by the Medieval Renaissance Forum, History of Art Department.

Please also visit our “Community Events” section for local activities. For more information about the Program's activities visit our website at http://www.yale.edu/macmillan/hsp . You can also find us on Facebook. Search for ‘Hellenic Studies Program, Yale University.

The activities of the Hellenic Studies Program are generously funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center for Hellenic Studies at Yale University.

[cid:3401261940_248594028]