[MGSA-L] Rv: Textbooks for intro to Modern Greek

Maria Kouti maria.kouti at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 16 15:06:03 PST 2011

Hi Lena,
I truly believe that there is no such thing as the “best textbook” for Modern Greek. However, as a core textbook for my Modern Greek classes, I use ΕπικοινωνήστεΕλληνικά1 (Arvanitakis, K. & Arvanitaki, F.) which I personally dislike but for some unexplained reason students like the textbook.
Also, as supplemental texts, I use many listening activities and role-play exercises from the following books:
1.    Eλληνικά Α (http://www.patakis.gr/viewshopproduct.aspx?id=581738 )
2.    Νέα Ελληνικά για μετανάστες, παλιννοστούντες, πρόσφυγες και ξένους Α’ επίπεδο
(http://www.metaixmio.gr/products/282--.aspx)
Moreover, here you can find some useful material: http://www.ediamme.edc.uoc.gr/diaspora/index.php?ylikoWishing everyone a very happy last week before Thanksgiving.

--------
Maria Kouti, Ph.D
Lecturer in Spanish and Modern Greek
Department of Anthropology, Sociology and Languages
University of Missouri-St. Louis
One University Blvd
Saint Louis, MO 63121
Office: 574 E Clark Hall