[MGSA-L] Fwd: BBC - Adam Curtis Blog: THE GHOST OF THE COLONELS

Neni Panourgia np255 at columbia.edu
Fri Nov 4 08:04:09 PDT 2011

Although the Junta did not murder "thousands of ordinary people" as Adam
Curtis mentions in this article, the article is worth reading because it
ties the present crisis to the Junta years and the Colonels' practice of
buying acquiescence with cheap loans.

np/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/adamcurtis/2011/11/the_ghost_of_the_colonels.html

Adam Curtis is a documentary film maker, whose work includes The Power
of Nightmares <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/4016713.stm>, The
Century of the Self
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Century_of_the_Self>,The Mayfair Set
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mayfair_Set>, Pandora's Box
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandora%27s_Box_%28television_documentary_series%29>,
The Trap
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trap_%28television_documentary_series%29> and
The Living Dead
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Living_Dead_%28television_documentary_series%29>.

Adam writes: "This is a website expressing my personal views – through a
selection of opinionated observations and arguments. I’ll be including
stories I like, ideas I find fascinating, work in progress and a
selection of material from the BBC archives."