[MGSA-L] CFP: Social Sciences Conference - Barcelona, Spain, 25-28 June 2012

Van Steen, Gonda gonda at ufl.edu
Wed Nov 2 15:18:53 PDT 2011

SEVENTH INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON INTERDISPLINARY SOCIAL SCIENCES

Universidad Abat Oliba CEU
Barcelona, Spain
25-28 June 2012
http://www.SocialSciencesConference.com

This conference will address interdisciplinary practices across the social
sciences, and between the social sciences and the natural sciences, applied
sciences and the professions. It will work in a multidisciplinary way, across
diverse fields and taking varied perspectives in order to address the
fundamentals of the social sciences.

This year's Social Sciences Conference will take place in Barcelona, Spain at
Universidad Abat Oliba CEU.   Barcelona is home to buildings that date as far
back as the Roman settlement as well as the World Heritage Site works of
architect Antoni Gaudi, including the famous Sagrada Familia Church. Other
notable sites include The National Museum of Art of Catalonia, Barcelona Zoo,
and the Barceloneta Beach.

The conference will include numerous paper, workshop and colloquium
presentations by practitioners, teachers and researchers. We would particularly
like to invite you to respond to the conference call-for-papers. Presenters may
choose to submit written papers for publication in the fully refereed
International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences. If you are unable
to attend the conference in person, virtual registrations are also available
which allow you to submit a paper for refereeing and possible publication, as
well as access to the Journal.

Whether you are a virtual or in-person presenter at this conference, we also
encourage you to present on the conference YouTube Channel. Please select the
Online Sessions link on the conference website for further details.  We also
invite you to join us on Facebook, Twitter, and Flickr at
http://www.SocialSciencesConference.com .

The deadline for the next round in the call for papers (a title and short
abstract) is 22 November 2011. Future deadlines will be announced on the
conference website after this date. Proposals are reviewed within two weeks of
submission. Full details of the conference, including an online proposal
submission form, may be found at the conference website -
http://www.SocialSciencesConference.com .

We look forward to receiving your proposal and hope you will be able to join us
in Barcelona in 2012.

Yours Sincerely,

Gerassimos Kouzelis

Professor of Philosophy of Science and Sociology of Knowledge
Department of Political Science and Public Administration
University of Athens, Athens, Greece
For the Advisory Board, Social Sciences Conference and Social Sciences Journal