[MGSA-L] TV Program on Greek immigration

Karen Van Dyck vandyck at columbia.edu
Sun Feb 27 01:24:32 PST 2011

Dear Neni,

Thanks so much for opening up this comparative question of the language of the Greek Diaspora. I have found the collection of handbooks, dictionaries, lectures and studies at ELIA on the topic a gold mine with regard to Greeks in America. We actually have microfiche of much of this collection at Columbia. There are also quite a few dissertations on the topic from Teacher's College. Also many publications put out by the church on the state of the Greek of the Greeks in America.

Perhaps we could open the topic up to colleagues in Australia and Europe and create a more comprehensive bibliography. For example the conference this past week at the University of Macedonia (program attached) had a wealth of information on the Greek and Greeks spoken in the Balkans.

And thank you, Yiorgo, for bringing these clips to our attention,
Karen