[MGSA-L] From the MGSA Transnational Studies Committee: Announcing "The Greek American Studies Resource Portal"
anagnostou.1 at osu.edu
Sun Feb 27 12:27:55 PST 2011
The Greek American Studies Resource Portal
The Modern Greek Studies Association's Transnational Studies Committee is pleased to announce the establishment of "The Greek American Studies Resource Portal" (formerly announced as "The Greek American Newsletter") which anyone who is interested in this field can access from the MGSA website (http://www.mgsa.org/Resources/port.html).
The creation of such a Resource Portal grew out of the expressed desire by academics, students and cultural producers alike to provide information on research, activities, and resources in the field of Greek American Studies broadly defined.
The Portal includes:
1) Academic publications on Greek America, including book reviews.
2) Non-academic publications on Greek America, including autobiographies, community histories, fiction, poetry, photography, painting, etc.
3) Essays, articles, and book reviews published in the media
4) Films and documentaries
5) Updates and announcements of current oral history work undertaken in academic institutions as well as in Greek American communities
6) Research queries regarding Greek American topics
We request scholars, writers, artists and other cultural producers whose work explores the Greek world in the United States and/or the connections between Greece and the United States (repatriated Greek Americans, Greek films on Greek America, Greek writings about Greek Americans, etc.) to continue to submit the full citation of their work in MLA format, including a two to three sentence description of their work. This portal will be periodically updated to highlight the most recent resources available in the field and entries will be eventually archived in the MGSA webpage under the heading "Resource Portal."
Yiorgos Anagnostou, The Ohio State University (anagnostou.1 at osu.edu)
Martha Klironomos, San Francisco State University (modgreek at sfsu.edu
Co-chairs, Transnational Studies Committee
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the MGSA-L