[MGSA-L] Fwd: Chomski's signature

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:08:04 PDT 2011

> From: <mailto:cvrhasd at techunix.technion.ac.il>
> cvrhasd at techunix.technion.ac.il<mailto:cvrhasd at techunix.technion.ac.il>
> Date: August 29, 2011 11:36:09 AM PDT
> To: Roland Moore <rolandmo at pacbell.net<mailto:rolandmo at pacbell.net>> Cc: June Samaras <june.samaras at gmail.com<mailto:june.samaras at gmail.com>>
> Subject: Chomski's signature
>
> I think that you may both be interested in this text for your lists from

http://news.kathimerini.gr/4dcgi/_w_articles_columns_2_28/08/2011_454144
===================

I checked the petition site myself

The petition statement offers merely a blanket objection to the
proposals, but offers no alternative suggestions or any relevant
commentary on WHY the proposals are to be opposed, so Lord knows what
some of the signatories might think they are adding their name to.

Since there seem, so far, to have been YEARS of totally impotent
discussion on educational reform in Greece it would appear to be
somewhat redundant to ask, yet AGAIN, for even more delay and
discussion and dialogue that may still lead nowhere.

The site indicates that there has been to date
1358 signatures recorded, but exactly WHO these distinguished
signatories might be is rather obscure since the site also states

<<<PetitionOnline.com has disabled the display of email addresses for
signatories who chose to make their address public. We have done this
to reduce the spread of harmful Windows viruses which harvest email
addresses from the web cache of infected computers. This also prevents
spammers from harvesting email addresses from this site.>>

Therefore I could find no way to actually find out who had signed up
on this site. Not myself at any rate - since I would prefer to support
some positive proposals for change rather than subscribing to a
negative campaign that offers no solutions to problems.

Here is contact information on the author of the petition :

<< The Defending Higher Education in Greece Petition to Greek
Government was created by and written by Assoc. Prof. Stavros
Kostantakopoulos (europeanuniversitas1 at gmail.com). >>

To whom, perhaps, questions might be addressed for further clarification.

June S