[MGSA-L] Editors wanted - Multilingual Alice

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 21:07:38 PDT 2011

From: Jon A. Lindseth <Jalindseth at aol.com>
Date: Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 7:52 AM

I am the general editor of a book on the translations of Alice's
Adventures in Wonderland. The book has been published in more than 100
languages in over 2600 editions. Prof David Crystal will write the
Foreword for  the new
book.

We believe that our project may be one of the most extensive
examinations ever of one book in so many languages.

The writers for the book are from around the world and English is
their second or third language. Our book is being written in American
English.

Writers will compile a bibliography of all Alice editions in their
language; they will back-translate from two editions the same eight
pages from  the original Macmillan Alice edition and add footnotes
explaining how  the translator dealt with Lewis Carroll nonsense and
word-play; and they will  write a 1000 word essay.

I am looking for a few volunteer editors to join those from The Lewis
Carroll Society of North America. Editors can take on as few or as
many essays as they like.

Please contact me if you would like more information.

Thank you, Jon Lindseth