[MGSA-L] Alleged mega-fraud under investigation in Athens - November 12, 2010

George Baloglou gbaloglou at gmail.com
Fri Nov 12 17:41:57 PST 2010

On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 11:23 PM, June Samaras <june.samaras at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alleged mega-fraud under investigation in Athens - November 12, 2010
>
> http://blogs.nature.com/news/thegreatbeyond/2010/11/alleged_megafraud_under_invest.html
>
> Greek prosecutors and the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF) are
> investigating alleged misuse of European Union (EU) research money by a
> group of Greek academics.

Although I live in Greece, this is the first time that I hear about
this ... but I do believe it! It is also the first time I hear of OLAF
= Office (Europeen) de Lutte Anti-Fraud, and I find it very cool that
its acronym is a *Scandinavian* name :-)

Anyway, looking for more information about this scandal I quickly ran
out of patience, so I would rather share with the list a scandal of
different nature, appropriate perhaps for weekend reading, but not
quite for the faint-hearted:

http://www.fimes.gr/2010/09/kathigitria-mathitis/

:-))

--