[MGSA-L] Support The Greek Institute in 2011!

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 21:03:04 PST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Maria Anagnostopoulos <greekinst at verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:56:53 -0500

Dear Friends,

All the programs and activities of the Greek Institute are expressions
of our mission statement: to create a greater awareness and
understanding of the extraordinary achievements of Greek culture from
antiquity to the present. Our Greek language classes, Author/Lecture
Series, Music/Film Series, Gallery exhibitions, and publications serve
to educate our community-at-large, and offer high quality programs and
experiences of Greek culture.

2010 represented the Institute's 20th year of operation. We continued
to develop our Greek language program, we launched the "Greek Arts &
Letters Series" and presented the Light of Greece concert series with
internationally acclaimed singer Mario Frangoulis, guest artist George
Perris, and composer Panos Liaropoulos.

We presented this program in Cambridge, MA, Chicago, IL and New York
City, and received high praise and acknowledgement not only in the US,
but also in Greece, for our efforts to support Greek culture!

These are major milestones for any non-profit organization, especially
during these difficult economic times. We believe that the Greek
Institute is at a strategic moment in its evolution and development,
and has a unique opportunity to expand on its course toward becoming a
major center of Greek culture.

We hope that you will join us on this journey, and support the Greek
Institute, at any level possible.

We have exciting plans for 2011 and beyond, and look forward to your
participation. We could not sustain our programs and events without
your support.

Please visit our website where you can make a tax-deductible donation
to The Greek Institute securely online! Click on this link:
www.thegreekinstitute.org.

On behalf of all of us at The Greek Institute, the Board of Directors,
Advisory Board, staff and volunteers, we thank you in advance for your
generous support and wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous holiday
season!

Also, don't forget to join our Facebook Page by clicking here:
www.facebook.com/pages/The-Greek-Institute!

Maria Anagnostopoulos, Program Director