[MGSA-L] Registering land

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 19:56:43 PST 2010

Registering land

Ktimatologio SA, the company that has been charged with creating
Greece’s first comprehensive land register, has started registering
plots of land in 19 prefectures, it emerged yesterday. Once all plots
of land in these prefectures – which cover 263 different regions –
have been registered, the company will proceed to register the
country’s remaining 32 prefectures. A spokesman for Ktimatologio said
yesterday that the project was due for completion by 2020.
==================

http://www.ktimatologio.gr/ktima/EN/index.php?ID=ptYQczTevrPDFf4t_EN

Ways of submitting a declaration available to the expatriates
To better service our expatriates, it was decided that for the
submission of the property declaration to the Cadastre instead of a
proxy, Embassies / Consulates will issue a special authorisation with
certified signature authenticity free of charge.

The options available to the expatriates are:

   1. If the declaration is filled out, signed and submitted by a
third party on behalf of the beneficiary, it will be necessary to have
a special authorisation with certified signature authenticity which
can be provided by the Embassy/Consulate in their country of residence
and it is issued free of charge.

      SPECIAL AUTHORISATION DRAFT TEXT

   2. By proxy already authorised with a special or general proxy
document to administer their real estate in Greece.

   3. By a third party with simple authorisation. In this case,
beneficiaries should dispatch their filled out and signed declaration
together with the necessary documents by post. The authorised person
must pay the fixed fee to one of the collaborating banks and submit
the declaration to the competent Cadastral Survey Office.

   4. For the first time, the declaration can be submitted on-line
using a special IT application found on the Ktimatologio S.A. website
www.ktimatologio.gr. In this case, the necessary documents submitted
with the declaration will be sent by post to the competent Cadastral
Survey Office and the fixed fee is paid by credit card.

   5. Expatriates and people residing permanently abroad have one more
option for submitting the property declaration to the Hellenic
Cadastre, which allows them to pay at their place of residence and
afterwards to send the declaration by post directly to the competent
Cadastral Survey Office.

      This specific option is provided through the cooperation of
Hellenic Post Services with Western Union, the largest money transfer
company in the world and specifically by using the Western Union
QuickPay service.  This service is available in more than 150
countries and more than 200.000 service points around the world,
amongst which are the USA, Australia, Canada, Germany, Belgium etc.
=====================================
http://www.ktimatologio.gr/ktima/EN/index.php

Ktimatologio S.A

Ktimatologio S.A. and World Council of Hellenes Abroad have entered
cooperation to better inform the members of the Omogenia on the
implementation of the national cadastre in 107 additional regions in a
process launched on June 17 to be completed on December 30 for the
Greeks abroad.

SAE officials from the seven SAE Regions, Canada, United States,
Central and South America, Europe, former Soviet Union countries,
Africa, Middle East, Oceania and Far East attended a three-day
training programme at the Ktimatologio S.A. main offices in Athens on
July 16-18.

The training was aimed at familiarizing them with the filling out of
ownership declarations to be able to provide basic directions to Greek
expatriates in the process of filling out the form. For the record,
the declaration can only be filled out by the interested parties and
not by SAE or Ktimatologio S.A.

Printed information material will be available soon in all SAE
regional offices for the representatives of the organized Greek
communities that will undertake to have it distributed to federations,
communities and individual expatriates. The material in question is
also available in printable form on the website: www.ktimatologio.gr.

Information material will also be available to delegates attending SAE
Regional Conventions to take place in the fall in Canada, United
States, Chile, Germany, Russia, Egypt and Australia.

Other institutions will also provide similar information material
after consultation with Ktimatologio S.A.

Aside from the general information available at regional SAE offices,
the Greek expatriates in particular will be able to contact the
Ktimatologio S.A. 24-hour hotline by dialing the telephone number:
0030 210 6505600 or send an email to ktimagen at ktimatologio.gr to get
answers to technical questions.

Ktimatologio S.A. Board President Christos Goulas stated: “Greece
proceeds with the implementation of the National Cadastre in 107
additional regions. We call on our expatriates to declare the real
estate property they own in these regions by December 30th starting
now and not wait for the last minute to do so, thus participating in a
project of national range necessary to our country. The ownership
declaration is mandatory and the procedure is simple.

Ktimatologio S.A. is considering all possible ways to come closer to
Greek expatriates and help them settle permanently their real estate
property back home. We thank the World Council of Hellenes Abroad for
its substantive service in briefing the expatriates and are looking
forward to continuing the good effort underway”.

SAE President Stefanos P. Tamvakis stressed: “The significant effort
taking place at home with the national cadastre project concerns us
all, even those of us born and living abroad who own real estate in
Greece. Within our powers, SAE and our regional offices will assist in
this effort in the immediate future by providing information material
and general directions both at our offices and during the regional
conventions. I believe that this is yet another way for SAE to display
its usefulness to the Greek State and to each of us who live abroad.”

• Concentrated Usefull Information
• Website of Ktimatologio S.A.