[Flasc-l] Invitation to participate in a survey: Implementation of a mobile based environment for foreign language learning

John Salatas jsalatas at gmail.com
Tue Sep 2 10:42:49 PDT 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is John Salatas, I am a research scientist at the University of
Irvine, California and in parallel I'm studying for a master degree in
"Engineering of pervasive computing systems" at Hellenic Open University.

For my master's thesis, I will implement a mobile based environment to help
children learning of a foreign language by promoting communication and
language development skills through an engaging virtual collaboration
environment in which children are encouraged to interact and communicate
with other children from all over the world learning the same language.

A high level description of the characteristics of the proposed system is
available at
http://jsalatas.ictpro.gr/a-proposal-for-developing-a-mobile-based-environment-to-help-children-learning-a-foreign-language/

In order to assess the proposed characteristics and to capture any
additional requirements, I am conducting a survey which addresses
elementary and secondary education foreign language teachers and I would be
grateful if you could devote some time to paticipate by visiting the
following link

http://jsalatas.ictpro.gr/survey/index.php/survey/index/sid/917769/lang/en

All the information provided will remain confidential.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Sincerely,

John Salatas
1564 Stanford
Irvine, CA 92612
USA
Email: jsalatas at gmail.com
Web Page: http://jsalatas.ictpro.gr
Mobile: +1 (949) 922-4985

PS: I would also very much appreciate you forwarding the survey link to any
foreign language teachers you know that might be willing to participate in
the study.