[CPCC] Distinguished Seminar by Prof. Vahid Tarokh

Hamid Jafarkhani hamidj at uci.edu
Mon Feb 13 11:44:16 PST 2012

Title: Fundamentals, Regulatory Issues, and the Future of Cognitive Radio Networks

Speaker: Vahid Tarokh

Date: Friday, Feb. 24, 2012

Time: 11:00 AM
Refreshments will be served at 10:50 AM

Venue: Donald Bren Hall (DBH 6011)

ABSTRACT

I will discuss the current regulatory issues for opportunistic transmission, and the future networks based on these concepts. I will argue that the current regulations are very conservative. Then I will overview limits of cognitive transmission, and discuss that they may be hard to achieve in some scenarios. Finally, I will speculate (based  on these facts) about the future of cognitive Radio networks.

SPEAKER'S BIOGRAPHY

Vahid Tarokh was an associate professor at the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences (EECS) at MIT until 2002 . In June 2002 , he joined Harvard University, where he is a Perkins Professor of Applied
Mathematics and a Hammond Vinton Hayes Senior Fellow of Electrical Engineering. He is the recipient of a number of awards and holds 2 honorary degrees.