[CPCC] SEMINAR: MIMO Scheduling 6/1/2009 10 AM

Ender Ayanoglu ayanoglu at uci.edu
Wed May 27 19:47:10 PDT 2009

                                   SEMINAR

      Scheduling for MIMO Networks with Rate-Constrained Connectivity
                                Requirements

                                 Feng Jiang

                             June 1, 2009 Monday
                                    10AM
                            Engineering TOwer 331

                                  ABSTRACT

In this talk, we discuss network connectivity for ad hoc MIMO
interference networks. We first present a novel definition of network
connectivity based on achieving a certain minimum rate constraint for
the network's minimum spanning tree.  A scheduling algorithm is
employed to cluster the active links into different time slots to
mitigate the interference and to increase the connectivity by
exploiting multiuser spatial diversity.  We then derive an upper bound
for the network connectivity for the case where each link only
transmits one data stream.  Finally, the performance of the proposed
scheduling algorithm under different power constraints and beamforming
strategies are compared with this upper bound.

                              SPEAKER'S BIOGRAPHY

Feng Jiang received his B.S. degree in Communication Engineering and
M.S.  degree in Communication and Information System from Beijing
University of Posts and Telecommunications, Beijing, P. R. China, in
2004 and 2008 respectively. He is currently working toward the
Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering at University of California,
Irvine. His research interests include multi-antenna systems and
wireless networks.