[CPCC] SEMINAR: (Room change) Two-User Gaussian X Channel, May 4 10 AM

Ender Ayanoglu ayanoglu at uci.edu
Tue Apr 28 10:12:28 PDT 2009

                                 SEMINAR

               Capacity and Generalized Degrees of Freedom
                    of the Two-User Gaussian X Channel

                                    by

                               Chiachi Huang

                                May 4, 2009
                                  Monday
                                   10 AM
                           Engineering Tower 331

                                 ABSTRACT

We explore the capacity and generalized degrees of freedom of the
two-user Gaussian X channel, i.e., a generalization of the two-user
interference channel where there is an independent message from
each transmitter to each receiver. There are three main results in this
talk. First, we characterize the sum capacity of the deterministic X
channel model under a symmetric setting. Second, we characterize
the generalized degrees of freedom of the Gaussian X channel under
a similar symmetric model. Third, we extend the noisy interference
capacity characterization previously obtained for the interference
channel to the X channel. Specifically, we show that the X channel
associated with noisy (very weak) interference channel has the same
sum capacity as the noisy interference channel.

                        SPEAKER'S BIOGRAPHY

Chiachi Huang received the B.S. degree in electrical engineering from
Yuan Ze University, Taiwan, in 1999 and the M.S. degree in
communications engineering from National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan,
in 2001. He is currently working toward the Ph.D. degree in electrical
engineering at University of California Irvine, USA. His research
interests include multiuser information theory and wireless
communications.