[clrn-l] New Connected Learning blog post: "The Powerful Combination of Interests and Peer Culture"

Jamieson Pond jpond at hri.uci.edu
Mon Apr 7 06:40:23 PDT 2014

"The connected learning model emphasizes the importance of peer culture and interests in fueling members’ participation and learning in the rich activities and opportunities these communities create. In interest-driven communities, it is the passion or interest that leads people into joining the community (Gee and Hayes 2010). As a researcher who has focused on interest-driven communities, I sometimes take this for granted. But the depth of what this means to members – that they are able to find a community of others who share those passions – sometimes needs to be called out. In this blog entry, I will highlight how important it is to participants that they have communities that understand and embrace their passions."

Read the full post at http://bit.ly/1hP1Mxi

Ways to share:
(1) Share the shortened link http://bit.ly/1hP1Mxi and/or this email
with your networks