[CampusRec] full moon paddle schedule

Campus Recreation Programs campusrec at uci.edu
Tue Apr 2 15:17:17 PDT 2013

Dear Doug,

May 4th and June 7th are completely worthless.  They will be essentially
dark skies.  The moon will rise too late even to be visible.  You should
cancel them now.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=137&month=5&year=2013&obj=moon&afl=-11&day=1

Date		Moonrise	Illuminated
May 4, 2013	2:48 AM		27.0%
Jun 7, 2013	5:04 AM		0.7%

It is one thing to talk about cloud cover and ambient light, but it is
entirely idiotic to schedule a "Full Moon Paddle" when the moon won't
rise until the wee dark hours of the morning and will be only a thin
crescent when it does rise.

Please think, even a little bit and even if it hurts, about what you are
going to do to anyone who actually shows up for your event.

You should cancel them now.

	All best regards,  Rick Lathrop