Act Now - Holding Providers Harmless from Medicare Cuts During COVID-19 Act (H.R. 8702/S. 5007)

CALAAEM News Service calaaem.news.service at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 10:39:04 PST 2020

Dec. 14, 2020

Act Now - Holding Providers Harmless from Medicare Cuts During COVID-19 Act
(H.R. 8702/S. 5007)

 <http://www.aaem.org/> AAEM

Act Now!

<http://send.aaem.org/link.cfm?r=JNKVjha_Lg3HjCCRLQiEmw~~&pe=WgYosXih--x6vnV
3IK1I8osSQqlSEHDIAgQfuzsV9kEuv3YGzzmolYNmqKoDevxFuilsDYtbTb0TdK-fnY-fgA~~&t=
tqGRHl1kQbmxNdv2KJppXA~~>

Act Now - Holding Providers Harmless from Medicare Cuts During COVID-19 Act
(H.R. 8702/S. 5007)

Dear AAEM Members,

There is a critically important bill for our specialty currently on the
floor for consideration. This bill which is described below in the AMA
update will prevent the currently scheduled dramatic Medicare schedule and
payment cuts that will dramatically reduce emergency physician's income
starting January 1, 2021. It certainly doesn't seem right to cut our pay now
in the context of the risk each and every emergency physician is exposing to
on a daily basis. This is a call to action to please call your
representative and senator and explain what you do and why this bill is so
important to you. Educate your family and friends and have them do the same.
If you belong to your state's medical association please call them and have
them assist in the lobbying as well.

Thanks for your efforts and what you do every day. Stay well and have a
great holiday season.

Sincerely,

Lisa A. Moreno, MD MS MSCR FAAEM FIFEM - President, AAEM

Kevin Beier, MD FAAEM - Co-Chair, Government and National Affairs Committee

<http://send.aaem.org/link.cfm?r=JNKVjha_Lg3HjCCRLQiEmw~~&pe=vTSR5vz0PEBrxYX
-gaC_Bo1P8H9Wdz37zCVfjug0dEa5enE0dE-lKhzzZBsObKc3cMbWQvHQCleiw_nEtdn6tA~~&t=
tqGRHl1kQbmxNdv2KJppXA~~> Contact Your Senators

The above link is a form provided by Physicians Grassroots Network.

<http://send.aaem.org/link.cfm?r=JNKVjha_Lg3HjCCRLQiEmw~~&pe=u6zkOJo0lloplVU
6YATWJ18RNbOnq2SbVTGdFXc6hapiQX-EyeHGevZmCAY41GpNvlxHrPXjsYZ2MIIjcrrOeQ~~&t=
tqGRHl1kQbmxNdv2KJppXA~~>
<http://send.aaem.org/link.cfm?r=JNKVjha_Lg3HjCCRLQiEmw~~&pe=tLFehVqJLVClUc-
CSLXtjWmzXSijDGg2aM_uc0rVRF6-I5gnD_LCfvEY7P6MmfVMztkI0mAE_oTO1NGmxYnq_A~~&t=
tqGRHl1kQbmxNdv2KJppXA~~>

Unsubscribe
<http://send.aaem.org/link.cfm?r=JNKVjha_Lg3HjCCRLQiEmw~~&pe=-ZI2h6_gRW7nXh9
sGqbOKa28iZbrvHQQogXVcYg5Wl5uIxUc54duyXpZr72qsYoDFW_O79W2uQ64PT6tsR4AJA~~&t=
tqGRHl1kQbmxNdv2KJppXA~~>  from these messages.

<http://send.aaem.org/link.cfm?r=JNKVjha_Lg3HjCCRLQiEmw~~&pe=tvhr-caQc88RGi6
TgYlRE3yfLy7VQeXxi6OVDVWP5yr8ldZTWxP2-LWiNdhfF67ScY0VXNM2ammebIB2COozHQ~~&t=
tqGRHl1kQbmxNdv2KJppXA~~>

555 East Wells Street, Suite 1100, Milwaukee, WI 53202

Brian Potts MD, MBA
Managing Editor, CAL/AAEM News Service

Contact us at:  <mailto:calaaem.news.service1 at gmail.com>
calaaem.news.service1 at gmail.com

For more articles, visit our
<https://www.aaem.org/get-involved/chapter-divisions/calaaem/news-service>
archives.

 <mailto:somcaaem at uci.edu> To
list, visit our mail server.

Copyright (C) 2020. The California Chapter of the American Academy of
Emergency Medicine (CAL/AAEM).  <http://www.calaaem.org/>
http://www.calaaem.org. All rights reserved.

CAL/AAEM, a nonprofit professional organization for emergency physicians,
operates the CAL/AAEM News Service solely as an educational resource for
physicians. Dissemination of an article by CAL/AAEM News Service does not
imply endorsement, agreement, or recommendation by CAL/AAEM News Service,
CAL/AAEM, or AAEM.

Follow CAL/AAEM on Facebook and Twitter and check out WestJEM:

 <http://www.facebook.com/CALAAEM>       <https://twitter.com/CALAAEM>
<https://westjem.com/>