September/October Common Sense is Here!

CAL/AAEM News Service calaaem_news at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 8 16:45:35 PDT 2006

September/October Common Sense is Here!

Source: AAEM/RSA (http://www.aaemrsa.org)
Date: October 5, 2006

Common Sense will now arrive by email and the U.S. Postal Service. For those of you who
prefer to read your Newsletters online, please visit
http://www.aaem.org/commonsense/commonsense0906.pdf for the latest edition of Common
Sense. As always, you can find back issues of Common Sense on our website:
www.aaemrsa.org.

In this edition of Common Sense...

AAEM/RSA's President's Message: "The Release of the IOM Report on Emergency Medicine and
AAEM/RSA Updates" by Brian Potts, MD, MBA. Dr. Potts discusses the IOM report as well as
gives us an update on current AAEM/RSA activity.

Emergency Medicine in Cambodia: This is a new column to Common Sense featuring Emergency
Medicine as practiced in various countries. This month's issue is by Glenn Geeting, MD.

Resident Journal Review: This is a new column to Common Sense providing EM residents with
a short list of articles relevant to Emergency Medicine published over the past 2 months.
By Daniel Nishijima, MD, Christopher Doty, MD, and Amal Mattu, MD.

AAEM/RSA Student Section: "So We Have a Problem - Now What?" Mike Ybarra, MSIV, discusses
what medical students can do in the face of the IOM Report.

Cyrus Shahpar & Brian Potts
Managing Editors, CAL/AAEM News Service
University of California, Irvine