TRAUMA-EMS PROGRAMS ELIMINATED -- ACTION NEEDED NOW!

CAL/AAEM News Service calaaem_news at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 17 15:06:43 PST 2005

TRAUMA-EMS PROGRAMS ELIMINATED -- ACTION NEEDED NOW!

Source: AAEM (http://www.aaem.org)
Date: November 16, 2005

PLEASE CIRCULATE THIS WIDELY

The House is scheduled to discuss the conference report on FY 2006 funding for the
HHS-Education-Labor appropriations bill later today. The Senate may begin debate tomorrow
but more likely this will occur on Friday, November 18. The current agreement between the
conferees cuts total health funding by $376 million and eliminates 10 vital health care
programs, including the HRSA Trauma-EMS Program and rural emergency medical services.

ACTION REQUIRED:
Because of the extremely short turn-around time, we ask that you CALL your Members of
Congress TODAY. Urge them to vote AGAINST the conference report for the FY 2006
HHS-Education-Labor appropriations bill. Since it is unlikely that you will be able to
talk to your Members of Congress directly, ask for the Health LA. Talking points can be
found on ENA's Legislative Action Center by going to:
http://capwiz.com/aaem/utr/1/CUUBFFIKAE/HZXJFFILCV/537612311

Please do not delay! We are going to lose these vital programs unless you make that call
now!

Kathleen A. Ream
Director, Government Affairs
American Academy of Emergency Medicine