[BGSN] Let's keep it rollin'

Gerald D. Parham gparham at uci.edu
Wed Oct 4 11:18:53 PDT 2017

Greetings and salutations to all,

I want to thank those who showed up at our recent "meet n greet" Sunday evening. I hope folk had a good time. There are a couple of things I'd like to share with you as we continue with this year. First, I need to get the email addresses for the three volunteers to be signers on the account we will set up with Campus Organizations. Second, there is a meeting scheduled for Saturday, October 14th from 9-12 with several groups in concert with the Vice Chancellor's office. The text is below:

September 27, 2017

Greetings. You are cordially to attend a meeting on Saturday October 14th from 9:30am- 12noon. This meeting will be held in the Joe White Room at the Cross Cultural Center.

Many of you have done outstanding work in helping support African American students in their endeavors at UCI. Your efforts are welcomed and truly appreciated. The purpose of this meeting is historic in nature as I want to make sure that all of us sit down and share information about our organizations, communicate and coordinate efforts wherever possible, support one another and work judiciously during the upcoming school year for the benefit of the campus and our students.

As you know there are several upcoming events in 2016-2107 including but not limited to Fall Harvest, Career Day, MLK Symposium, African Consciousness Quarter, Black Gala, and Black Baccalaureate to mention but a few. Therefore, it is critical that we take a few minutes to coordinate our efforts.

I am asking that 2-5 representatives from each organization be present. Please be prepared to talk about what you have planned and anything else that you deem relevant. RSVP is requested to Jean Lee-Niroumand at JEANL2 at UCI.EDU no later than Oct. 10th.

Thank you in advance for your continued support.

I've already RSVP's and would like for a couple of folks to join me even if you can't stay the entire time. What I'd also like to do is schedule another group meeting to actually do some planning of activities for the year. They can be whatever you like, but it will be a way for folks to plan ahead, and help keep us connected. Last, but certainly not least, I would love for those of you who haven't subscribed to the list serve to please do so. I'm not part of the group chat that you currently use to stay in touch and the only way I have to try and reach as many of you as I can is through the list serve. You can subscribe by going to: http://maillists.uci.edu/mailman/listinfo/bgsn

Thank you. I look forward to our work this year.

Hotep, (peace)

Gerald

Gerald D. Parham
Director, Camp Program Development