[BGSN] High School Outreach: STOMP Mentors Wanted!

BLOC @ UCI bloclistserve at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 18:15:37 PST 2015

Happy Week 10 Everyone!

My name is Destiny Joshua. As the External Outreach Coordinator for the
Black Student Union here at UCI, it is my pleasure to announce the return
of S.T.O.M.P. Students Tutoring and Outreaching to Minority Populations
(STOMP) is a student-initiated mentorship program that is geared toward
encouraging high school students to pursue higher education. We are looking
for DEDICATED and ENTHUSIASTIC individuals who have the desire to outreach
to young Black students.  If you're interested in making a difference in
the lives of young Black students, gaining leadership experience,
mentorship and education, STOMP may be the program for you!  Mentoring with
STOMP is an excellent way to earn field hours toward completion of your
program/major, providing practical experience working one-on-one with
students. This year, we will be returning to Cabrillo High School in Long
Beach. STOMP sessions will be held weekly on *Wednesdays from 2-5PM*. We do
ask that volunteers commit to *2 quarters* (Winter and Spring) to make our
program most effective. If you'd like to get involved by becoming a mentor,
please complete the interest form application by following the link below.
Please submit the form no later than *Sunday, December 6th, 2015. *

https://docs.google.com/a/uci.edu/forms/d/1HXuGycKp3k5pK22v-U6pNHACFfaR-I_5GTVKmx80WGM/viewform?usp=send_form

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact me at
uci.stomp at gmail.com. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Good luck on finals!

Destiny Joshua
External Outreach Coordinator, BSU
University of California, Irvine
--
Black Leaders On Campus (BLOC)
University of California, Irvine

100 Black Women |  Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. | Alpha Phi Alpha
Fraternity, Inc. | Black Educated Men (B.E. Men) | Black Law Society (BLS)
| Black Queer Collective (BQC) | Black Student Union (BSU) | Christ Our
Redeemer (COR) | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. | El Si Rosa Parks House
| Ethiopian Student Association (ESA) | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. |
Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS) | National Society of
Black Engineers (NSBE) | Nigerian Student Association (NSA) | Omega Psi Phi
Fraternity, Inc. | Umoja NewsMagazine