[BGSN] (no subject)

BLOC @ UCI bloclistserve at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 12:22:03 PST 2015

Hello All,

Today Marks BSU's second ACQ meeting of the quarter! Today's meeting will
be dedicated to Black Womyn. The sub divisions of our meetign will include
sexual assault , slut shaming, and domestic violence. Our featured guest
speaker this week will be none other than Dr. Tiffany Willoughby-Herard. We
will start the meeting and provide you with some brief aids (videos) and
information and Dr. Willoughby-Herard will then focus on black womyn's
roles in political movements and the way that black militant movements
especially the work of people like Robert Williams has actually been
animated by righteous indignation against socially sanctioned sexual
violence that targets black womyn in unique ways to control the political
and social and moral force that black womyn are for black communities. Both
BSU and Dr. Tiffany Willoughby-Herard look forward to a great and dynamic
discusssion and conversation! See you at 5pm in the cross cultural center
ring room.

--
Black Leaders On Campus (BLOC)
University of California, Irvine

100 Black Women |  Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. | Alpha Phi Alpha
Fraternity, Inc. | Black Educated Men (B.E. Men) | Black Law Society (BLS)
| Black Queer Collective (BQC) | Black Student Union (BSU) | Christ Our
Redeemer (COR) | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. | El Si Rosa Parks House
| Ethiopian Student Association (ESA) | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. |
Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS) | National Society of
Black Engineers (NSBE) | Nigerian Student Association (NSA) | Omega Psi Phi
Fraternity, Inc. | Umoja NewsMagazine