[BGSN] Fwd: African American Leadership Seminar - Winter 2015

BLOC @ UCI bloclistserve at gmail.com
Sun Dec 21 17:31:40 PST 2014

The UCI Cross-Cultural Center Presents...

 AFRICAN AMERICAN LEADERSHIP SEMINAR 2015
The Winter Leadership Seminars are a series of 1.3 unit Winter quarter
seminars for those desiring to continue their leadership growth.

The African American Leadership Seminar will explore the skill set that a
talented leader possesses and how the intersection of race, gender, and
class impact African Americans becoming leaders and remaining leaders.

*Students will be able to: *

   - Develop social and navigational capital, network, and connect with
   seasoned leaders and hear their experiences.
   - Learn different styles of leadership and the skill set that make a
   good leader.
   - Explore who they are, who they want to be, and what type of leadership
   they work best with.
   - Gain a deeper understanding of self and how their multiple identities
   intersect and influence the way they see and are seen in the world.
   - Develop mentoring relationships with those they can relate to and
   those who have different worldviews and perspectives than their own.
   - Solidify the power of: stories, communication, networking, mentoring,
   leadership skills, lifelong learning and growth, self-awareness, identity
   development, and reflection.

 Our flyer is attached and included below! Please share this information
with others who may be interested! Thanks!

 In Service,

   *Jade M. Turner*
Student Development Coordinator, Cross-Cultural Center
Student Life & Leadership
University of California, Irvine
949-824-2002 | jmturner at uci.edu
www.ccc.uci.edu

--
Black Leaders On Campus (BLOC)
University of California, Irvine

100 Black Women |  Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. | Alpha Phi Alpha
Fraternity, Inc. | Black Educated Men (B.E. Men) | Black Law Society (BLS)
| Black Queer Collective (BQC) | Black Student Union (BSU) | Christ Our
Redeemer (COR) | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. | El Si Rosa Parks House
| Ethiopian Student Association (ESA) | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. |
Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS) | National Society of
Black Engineers (NSBE) | Nigerian Student Association (NSA) | Omega Psi Phi
Fraternity, Inc. | Umoja NewsMagazine