[BGSN] Fwd: [Fwd: FW: Dissertation Survey of African American Adults!!]

BLOC @ UCI bloclistserve at gmail.com
Wed May 21 00:39:38 PDT 2014

Greetings,

My name is Adisa Anderson and I am a Counseling Psychology doctoral
candidate at Washington State University, completing my dissertation under
the guidance of Dr. Timothy Church. I am writing to ask for your
participation in a survey that I am conducting on African American adults.
 If you identify as an African American or African descent (includes
Bi-racial, Multiracial), who is at least 18 years of age, then you are
eligible to participate in this study. If that is not you, please consider
sending this message to others that do fit the criteria. This research
study examines the role that personality traits and racial identity play
in relation to the alcohol use and motives of African American adults. If
you choose to participate, you could be one of three to win a $50 Visa
gift card.

There is a significant dearth of theoretical and empirical work done on
the intersections of African Americans, personality, racial identity, and
substance use. Your responses to this survey are very important and will
help in advancing research on African American adults and alcohol use or
lack thereof.

This is a short survey and should take you about 20 to 30 minutes to
thoughtfully complete. Please click on the link below to go to the survey
website (or copy and paste the survey link into your Internet browser). If
you prefer to complete a hard copy of the questionnaire, please contact me
at adisa.anderson at email.wsu.edu<mailto:adisa.anderson at email.wsu.edu>.

Survey Link:
https://educationwsu.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_erFCwnUuaTepMjz

Your participation in this survey is entirely voluntary and all of your
be associated with your responses in any reports of this data. Should you
have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact me at
adisa.anderson at email.wsu.edu<mailto:adisa.anderson at email.wsu.edu> or
562-331-0808.

I appreciate your time and consideration in completing the survey. Thank
you for participating in this study! Again, please consider sharing this
message with others that also fit the criteria. It is only through the
help of individuals like you that we can provide information to help
produce research on African Americans and address issues encountered
within the African American community.

Many thanks,

Adisa Thomas Anderson
Doctoral Candidate
Washington State University
_______________________

--
Adisa T. Anderson, B.A.
Ph.D. Candidate
Washington State University
adisa.anderson at email.wsu.edu<mailto:adisa.anderson at email.wsu.edu>

________________________________
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review,
copies of this original message. In addition, e-mails are not secure;
third parties might view and store your confidential information.
Therefore, do not send any information via e-mail that you consider
confidential or medical in nature.

--
Black Leaders On Campus (BLOC)
University of California, Irvine

100 Black Women |  Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. | Alpha Phi Alpha
Fraternity, Inc. | Black Educated Men (B.E. Men) | Black Law Society (BLS)
| Black Queer Collective (BQC) | Black Student Union (BSU) | Christ Our
Redeemer (COR) | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. | El Si Rosa Parks House
| Ethiopian Student Association (ESA) | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. |
Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS) | National Society of
Black Engineers (NSBE) | Nigerian Student Association (NSA) | Omega Psi Phi
Fraternity, Inc. | Umoja NewsMagazine