[BGSN] Umoja News Magazine!!! Submissions Wanted!!!

BLOC @ UCI bloclistserve at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 11:51:14 PDT 2014

Hey fam!

We are restarting Umoja News Magazine! Umoja’s mission is to bring out the
voice of Black Anteaters at UCI as well as to address issues concerning the
Black community.We are looking for Black students, staff, and faculty who
are interested in expressing their creativity through art, photography,
poetry, and/or writing.

You do not need to be an English or Journalism Major or Minor to get
involved! All you need to do is write about what you are passionate about.
Submissions are due Fridays by 10PM. If your article needs revision your
article along with notes from the editor will be sent Saturday by 11PM.
Revisions are due Mondays at 8PM.

If you are interested in writing but cannot make a time commitment then
don’t stress! You can write just one article, or you can write all quarter!
The decision is up to you.

Our meetings are on the third floor of Humanities Gateway room 3401. Our
next meeting will be at 3PM Tuesday April 29, 2014. If you cannot make this
time then let us know and we can arrange a second meeting time later in the
week.

Please send your submissions to umojanewsmagazine at gmail.com. If you have
any other questions please send them to Nathalie Guerrier atnguerrie at uci.edu
 .

--
Black Leaders On Campus (BLOC)
University of California, Irvine

100 Black Women |  Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. | Alpha Phi Alpha
Fraternity, Inc. | Black Educated Men (B.E. Men) | Black Law Society (BLS)
| Black Queer Collective (BQC) | Black Student Union (BSU) | Christ Our
Redeemer (COR) | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. | El Si Rosa Parks House
| Ethiopian Student Association (ESA) | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. |
Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS) | National Society of
Black Engineers (NSBE) | Nigerian Student Association (NSA) | Omega Psi Phi
Fraternity, Inc. | Umoja NewsMagazine