[BGSN] Fall Harvest

Gerald D. Parham gparham at uci.edu
Fri Sep 27 10:01:14 PDT 2013

Family,
Greetings and salutations to all. I'm  hoping that all is well and that you are ready for this upcoming academic year of promise! You may have, (should have), received an earlier email inviting you to the annual Fall Harvest celebration. It is a time when we, as an African American community of faculty staff and students, come together, share a meal and some conversation in an informal manner. It is a time we get to see ourselves in larger numbers than we can imagine. It is also a time we get to meet and greet new members of the family. I've been told we have approximately 18 new faculty and staff, (whom have all been invited), but I don't know how many new graduate students. If you have new folks in your program or department, please invite them, or better yet, bring them along. Let's make them feel welcome.

This year the event is being held outdoors at the student center at the bottom of the plaza stairs, from 5pm-7 or 7:30ish.  The event is being catered, so we can really spend the time socializing and connecting with one another. I'd like to believe we can use this opportunity to be the encouraging, nurturing and supportive family that we really are in so many ways. If you haven't RSVP'd yet, that's ok, there is still time. Simply reply to this email and it's done!  If you have any questions, please feel free to call me.
I look forward to seeing you there!
Hotep

Gerald

Gerald D. Parham