[BGSN] Welcome Week Events

BLOC @ UCI bloclistserve at gmail.com
Sat Sep 21 21:14:12 PDT 2013

Hello Community!

With Welcome Week being so close, we just wanted to make sure all of you
were informed about the events that are being put on by the BLOC orgs:

*Sunday, September 22nd*

BSU’s Snow Cone Social: Come eat some shaved ice and meet your fellow
classmates as well as some upperclassman! Get a jump on finding your new
friends and mentors!

Time: 4pm-6pm

Location: Ring Room, Cross Cultural Center

*Monday, September 23rd*

Anteater Involvement Fair: Come to the Fair to have a look at what campus
clubs are like at UCI. Maybe you’ll find one that is right for you!

*Black Student Union First Meeting*

*Time: 5:00-6:30*

*Location: Joe White Room, Cross Cultural Center*

Delta Sigma Theta and Omega Psi Phi Welcome Back Dinner

Time: 7:00-9:00

Location: Rosa Parks House

*Tuesday, September 24th*

Getting to Know NSBE at UCI: Come see what National Society of Black
Engineers is all about!

Location: Crescent Bay A

Time: 5:00

*Wednesday, September 25th*

Nigerian Student Association Information Booth

Time: 12:00-2:00

Location: Humanities spot 259 (road between biological sciences and
humanities)

Alpha Kappa Alpha: Locating Your Classes

Time: 4:00-5:00

Location: Flag Poles

Alpha Kappa Alpha: Annual Game Night

Time: 6pm-8pm

Location: Ring Room, Cross Cultural Center

*Friday, September 27th*

Fall Harvest: Come out and mingle with the Black Faculty and Staff. Fall
Harvest is an important tradition that allows students to meet the
distinguished Black faculty and staff at UC Irvine. It is critical and
empowering to know that as Black students we are represented in positions
of power. Use this opportunity to meet potential mentors, bosses and the
people who have the best access to resources that can help you better
succeed. Please join us for this fun event! There will be free food and
raffle prizes! Food will be served starting at 4:30. There will be guides
leaving the Cross Cultural Center lobby starting at 4:40 and 4:50.

Time: 5:00-7:30

Location: Anteater Steps (below the Student Center)
Ayana Baines and Rashida Blade
Univeristy of California, Irvine
Black Student Union
Co-Chairs 2013-2014
cochairs.bsu at gmail.com
bainesa at uci.edu
rblade at uci.edu
--
Black Leaders On Campus (BLOC)
University of California, Irvine

100 Black Women |  Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. | Alpha Phi Alpha
Fraternity, Inc. | Black Educated Men (B.E. Men) | Black Law Society (BLS)
| Black Queer Collective (BQC) | Black Student Union (BSU) | Christ Our
Redeemer (COR) | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. | El Si Rosa Parks House
| Ethiopian Student Association (ESA) | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. |
Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS) | National Society of
Black Engineers (NSBE) | Nigerian Student Association (NSA) | Omega Psi Phi
Fraternity, Inc. | Umoja NewsMagazine