[BGSN] Presentation on the "N" word::African American Leadership Class, March 11, 2013

BLOC @ UCI bloclistserve at gmail.com
Thu Mar 7 13:15:19 PST 2013

  This is the last day of the African American Leadership Class for the
winter quarter.  We will be having a fascinating talk surrounding the topic
of the "N" word.
The presentation will be facilitated by Michael Chennault, UCI Ombudsman.
 Come to participate, listen and learn.

*
*
*Please let your students know that I will pose the question:*
*
*
*Should the African American Community stop using the word *
*"nigger" and all of it's current day derivatives?*

In addition, please let them know to be prepared to critically defend their
argument whether they say yes, no or if they are undecided.

Please preview the conversation prior to coming to the session

 http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/201302200020-0022558

--
Black Leaders On Campus (BLOC)
University of California, Irvine

100 Black Women |  Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. | Alpha Phi Alpha
Fraternity, Inc. | Black Educated Men (B.E. Men) | Black Law Society (BLS)
| Black Queer Collective (BQC) | Black Student Union (BSU) | Christ Our
Redeemer (COR) | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. | El Si Rosa Parks House
| Ethiopian Student Association (ESA) | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. |
Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS) | National Society of
Black Engineers (NSBE) | Nigerian Student Association (NSA) | Omega Psi Phi
Fraternity, Inc. | Umoja NewsMagazine