[BGSN] STOMP Info!

BLOC @ UCI bloclistserve at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 14:17:11 PST 2012

Hey All!!

As some of you may or may not know the schedule for winter quarter classes
is up on Webreg. As you plan out your perspective schedules try to keep
Wednesdays from 2-6 open! You wonder...why should I leave such a big gap
open? STOMP is why! STOMP is in full swing ladies and gents and we need
your help to make sure these underrepresented minority students get the
help they deserve! What is STOMP you ask? Well...S.T.O.M.P. stands for
Students Tutoring and Outreaching to Minority Participants. We go to a
local Title 1 high school(school in need)and tutor their students after
school. What we need from you is TIME. NO MONEY IS NEEDED FOR YOU TO
PARTICIPATE! everything is taken care of by SOAR.

If you are interested in mentoring, tutoring or being a support system for
a high school student, contact myself, Ayana Baines through email at
bainesa at uci.edu, or you can find me at BSU meetings or just around campus.
Thanks in advance!

--
Black Leaders On Campus (BLOC)
University of California, Irvine

100 Black Women |  Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. | Alpha Phi Alpha
Fraternity, Inc. | Black Educated Men (B.E. Men) | Black Law Society
(BLS) | Black Queer Collective (BQC) | Black Student Union (BSU) |
Christ Our Redeemer (COR) | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. | El Si
Rosa Parks House | Ethiopian Student Association (ESA) | Kappa Alpha
Psi Fraternity, Inc. | Minority Association of Pre-Health Students
(MAPS) | National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) | Nigerian Student
Association (NSA) | Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. | Umoja
NewsMagazine