[BGSN] Attention Self-Identifying Black Males!

Bloc UCI bloclistserve at gmail.com
Sun Jun 3 14:00:06 PDT 2012

Hello Gentlemen,

You have the opportunity to both have your voice heard within an important
survey as well as help out a graduate student! Take a few minutes out of
your time and check out the info below.

*Greetings!*

My name is Nicole Woodard and I'm a doctoral student at George Mason
University. I am asking for your participation to complete a survey related
to cultural mistrust and Black men’s perceptions of seeking counseling from
White clinicians. In order to participate in this study, you must
self-identify as African American or Black, and be between the ages of 18
to 35.

The survey includes a variety of questions related to the extent to which
Blacks mistrust Whites, and factors that influence an individual’s decision
to seek professional counseling or mental health services. I am
particularly interested in understanding whether cultural mistrust, related
to race and ethnicity, serves as a barrier for Black men when seeking
mental health services. Your views are important, as learning about Black
men’s perceptions of counseling and their levels of cultural mistrust can
help build the relationship between mental health services and Black male
clients.

The survey should take approximately 30 minutes to complete.  Please feel
free to forward this email to any persons that qualify. Should you have any
questions/concerns regarding this study, you can contact me at
blackmalestudy2012 at gmail.com or (703) 764-5057. I've also attached a flyer
to this email with my contact information. You can access the survey and
complete it by using the following link:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BLACKMENSURVEY

Thank you in advance for your participation!

Nicole Woodard, MA, EdM
Doctoral Student/Researcher
George Mason University

--
Black Leaders On Campus (BLOC)
University of California, Irvine

100 Black Women |  Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. | Alpha Phi Alpha
Fraternity, Inc. | Black Educated Men (B.E. Men) | Black Law Society (BLS)
| Black Queer Collective (BQC) | Black Student Union (BSU) | Christ Our
Redeemer (COR) | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. | El Si Rosa Parks House
| Ethiopian Student Association (ESA) | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. |
Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS) | National Society of
Black Engineers (NSBE) | Nigerian Student Association (NSA) | Omega Psi Phi
Fraternity, Inc. | Umoja NewsMagazine