[BGSN] Fwd: I AM Rally

Alys Thomas thomasac at uci.edu
Wed Apr 4 12:01:29 PDT 2012

Sorry for the late email but if you're interested...this is happening now until 1:00pm.

Alys

Begin forwarded message:

Subject: I AM Rally

Hello Everyone!

Tomorrow from 11-1 instead of our usual Black Wednesday events BSU will be hosting a rally at the flagpoles to address issues such as Trayvon Martin and other countless nameless Black peoples who have been killed. This event goes beyond Trayvon, and is not the last time it will be discussed. Expect future examples of this coming Wednesday! The I AM Rally is a response to the systems and structures that allow this continuous death of Black bodies worldwide.

Again, we will hold a silent rally at the flagpoles from 11-1 PM in which we will demonstrate these feelings. We will wear signs around our necks with various related statements.
WEAR ALL BLACK FOR UNITY.

Questions, comments and concerns can be directed to board. If you don't feel comfortable participating, this is perfectly fine! If you have suggestions or want to be a bigger part of this hopefully quarter long movement, hit any of the Board up!

See you there!
Kala Lacy
--
Black Leaders On Campus (BLOC)
University of California, Irvine

100 Black Women |  Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. | Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. | Black Educated Men (B.E. Men) | Black Law Society (BLS) | Black Queer Collective (BQC) | Black Student Union (BSU) | Christ Our Redeemer (COR) | Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. | El Si Rosa Parks House | Ethiopian Student Association (ESA) | Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. | Minority Association of Pre-Health Students (MAPS) | National Society of Black Engineers (NSBE) | Nigerian Student Association (NSA) | Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. | Umoja NewsMagazine