[BGSN] UCI School of Law Black History Month Celebration

Thomas McClain tmcclain at uci.edu
Tue Feb 14 07:39:24 PST 2012

Dear UC Irvine Community:

My name is Tommy McClain and I am a second-year law student here at UCI.  I
am writing to let you know that in honor of Black History Month, you are all
invited to a speaker panel hosted by the Black Law Student Alliance titled
"Progression? Perspectives from the Legal Profession." The panel will be
next Tuesday, February 21 at 6 pm at UCI School of Law.  A welcome reception
featuring entertainment provided by Think Tank and hors d'oeuvres  will
begin at 5:30 pm, with an opportunity for networking and refreshments
following the panel as well.  The purpose of the event is to discuss Black
experiences in legal education and in the profession.  We have invited Black
attorneys who attended various law schools and who have experience in a wide
range of practice areas.  BLSAlliance President Azure'De Wilkins and I will
moderate the event.  Confirmed panelists include:

Daniel J. Alexander, Sole Practitioner, UCLA School of Law Class of 1994

Eric Isaac, Deputy Public Defender, Riverside County, American University
School of Law Class of 1997

Dimetria Jackson, Sole Practitioner, President of the Orange County Bar
Association, University of Virginia School of Law Class of 1993

Cassandra Jones, Associate, Snell & Wilmer, USC School of Law Class of 2009

Fred Slaughter, Assistant U.S. Attorney, Central District of California,
UCLA School of Law Class of 1999

Willie W. Williams, Sole Practitioner, President of the R.T. Fields Bar
Association, Georgetown Law Center Class of 2004

This event is shaping up to be an insightful and dynamic panel as well as a
good networking opportunity. I have attached driving directions and parking
instructions.  The event is free, and RSVPs are appreciated, but not
necessary.  Please follow this link to RSVP:
<https://ucisl.ejoinme.org/MyEvents/BLSAPresentsProgressionPerspectivesfromt
he/tabid/346724/Default.aspx> Progression? Perspectives

Also, here is the Facebook URL:
<https://www.facebook.com/events/191212914313601/>
https://www.facebook.com/events/191212914313601/

Feel free to contact me with any questions.  I can be reached at this email
address, or at (619) 647-3189.

We hope to see you next Tuesday.

Sincerely,

Tommy McClain

Vice President, UC Irvine Black Law Students Alliance

UC Irvine School of Law Class of 2013

 <mailto:tmcclain at uci.edu> tmcclain at uci.edu

(619) 647-3189