[arthistoryminors] Weekly Art History Inspiration March 28th, 2016

Mail list for Art History Minors arthistoryminors at uci.edu
Mon Mar 28 10:48:33 PDT 2016

Museum internship update, 4+1 Applications now being accepted, free movie screening, art submissions and more

Summer 2016 Museum Internships for Art History<http://www.humanities.uci.edu/arthistory/undergraduate/intern.php> majors update: Applications have been received and are being reviewed. Applicants will be contacted for interviews in the next couple of weeks.

Applications always take a bit of time to put together, so start now!

Reminder to artists to submit photos etc by April 11th for AHUA's May 2nd art exhibit, "Transcending Limits"<http://www.humanities.uci.edu/arthistory/calendar/news.php?recid=3081&dept_code_val=74&css_path=arthistory>

Free screening of Michelangelo Antonioni's "Zabriskie Point"<http://www.humanities.uci.edu/arthistory/user_files/Zabriskie.pdf> Wed March 30 UCI HG 1800 5 -7 pm

Art History BA/MA 4+1 Program: Applications now being accepted<http://www.humanities.uci.edu/arthistory/graduate/51.php>:
Please submit your application by NOON on Friday April 22, 2016 either electronically or in person to Clara Quijano, Graduate Coordinator, at quijanoc at uci.edu<mailto:quijanoc at uci.edu>

More 4+1 details:
Application Materials:
1. An official transcript
2. A statement of purpose (1-2 pages)
3. An academic writing sample (5-10 pages)
4. One letter of recommendation from a faculty member in Art History or related field of study

The documents will be distributed to the Chair of Art History and the undergraduate advisors for initial review. Upon their approval, the student can complete the graduate application online. The Chair and undergraduate advisors will make final recommendations about admissions to the program to the entire faculty of Art History and subsequently inform prospective students.

And this:
Visit our website or facebook pages for up to the minute news, events and opportunities, especially this Wednesday in case I post anything new after this email goes out.  I won’t be sending out our weekly inspiration next week; I’ll be in DC visiting my daughter, enjoying the cherry blossoms, the museums (all free!), the zoo (free too!), the amazing public transportation (yes, such a thing does exist outside this So Cal autopia), Emily, Kaitlin and their friends, and generally having a wonderful time.  So sad!

https://www.facebook.com/ArtHistory.UCI/
https://www.facebook.com/uci.ahua/
http://www.humanities.uci.edu/arthistory/

Cecilia